Company History


1877 - Willis A. Jones forms The Jones Abstract & Title Company, and locates it at 313 Warren Street, Huntington, Indiana, the same address the company is located today.

1897 - Edgar Kelsey founds the Huntington Abstract Company.

1944 - Robert Endsley purchases The Jones Abstract & Title Company from Ira B. Heaston becoming the company's third owner.

1946 - The Jones Abstract & Title Company's title plant is approved by the Indiana Land Title Association and issued permit number 35. Today the title plant remains the only complete title plant in Huntington County.
1965 - Mr. Endsley purchases the Huntington Abstract Company.

1965 - Mr. Endsley is elected President of the Indiana Land Title Association.


1990 - Michael Nichols begins Title career with Jones Abstract.

2000 - Michael Nichols takes over management of the companies.

2000 - The Jones Abstract & Title Company and Huntington Abstract Company unite forming one tried and strong title company with increased services and expanded geographic service area. 

2005 - Mr. Nichols is elected as President of the Indiana Land Title Association.

2008 - Mr. Nichols is elected to the Board of the American Land Title Association.

2008 - Mr. Nichols assumes ownership of the Jones Abstract & Title Company, Inc





Website Builder